Senior Welding Engineer
Senior Welding Engineer
Duties and Responsibilities
£400 - £550 per day
You will be involved on offshore and onshore projects in engineering side. You will provide assistance for fabrication and welding activities to Purchasing, Construction, and Inspection teams in a Valve, Piping and Pressure vessel environment.
Your knowledge and understanding of welding metallurgy & processes, weld quality management & control, material science, various product manufacturing & heat treatment processes are strengths for the position.
Your essential Duties will be to:
- Write and optimize technical specifications in line with contractual obligations (e.g. Welding and NDE for Pressure Vessels, Welding and NDE for pressurized piping, Storage Tanks...)
- Reply to Client Comments within the limits of contractual clauses
- Perform technical support to requisition leaders at each stage of the procurement process and manufacturing phase. Attend the Pre-Inspection Meeting (PIM) at Supplier Workshop for critical Items. On request of Requisition Leaders, to perform technical survey visit at Workshop
- Technical assistance of inspection for NCR closure
- Review Vendor documents taking into account schedule constraints (Welding Books, NDE Procedures, Heat Treatment Procedures, Testing Procedures (PMI, Hydrotest...)).
- On Project request, to perform technical audits to highlight Vendor’s capabilities/equipment/manufacturing process
During the bid phase, you will be in charge of the technical dossier and of the verification of the contract requirements.
You will develop, capitalize, consolidate and share know-how/knowledge of the Discipline. Profile
Eight (8) years' minimum experience in the Petrochemical and/or Oil & Gas industries. Other relevant experience will be considered.
Qualified candidates must have as a minimum a BS degree in Welding Engineering, Welding Technology, or related field. IWE qualification is preferable but not required and international NDE accreditation will be considered. Knowledge of Russian Manufacturers would be appreciated.
The Candidate shall demonstrate:
- Knowledge of main welding processes (SMAW, GTAW, GMAW, GSFCAW, SAW…)
- Knowledge of applicable ASME, API and other industry welding standards
- Knowledge of materials, weldability and NDE methods for carbon steel, high strength and extra high strength steels, austenitic, Duplex and Super Duplex stainless steels
- Knowledge of various forging processes, valve manufacturing, wrought fitting & heat treatment processes
- Knowledge of weld overlay and dissimilar welding processes
- Ability to conduct Audit and evaluation pre-ordering for products such as forging, fitting, valve, welded structure& pressure vessels
Dynamic, autonomous, determined, with good communication skills, you can easily work in multicultural environments.
Fluent in English.
You are willing to travel occasionally in France and over the world.