€70000 - €90000 per annum
This is a great opportunity to work as part of our Decommissioning Team based in the Netherlands where you will report directly to the Lead Decommissioning Manager.
This position is responsible for the engineering of dismantling operations of offshore platforms as well as assist in the preparation and removal of major onshore and subsea items. You will be responsible for the technical review and approval of detailed engineering reports, calculations, removal procedures, manuals, method statements, and quality procedures/plans.
Liaising with inter-disciplinary contractors, ranging from; heavy lift contractors, engineering, technical safety, and environmental, and marine warranty assurance services contractors on reviews, inspections, and approvals of project documentation.
It is crucial that you are able to plan and organise your work, be self-motivated and a good communicator.
- Ensure compliance with all health, safety and environmental legislation and best practices
- Define preparation works required to prepare PF ahead of dismantlement and support the implementation of the plan with the offshore combined operations management team and the decommissioning Topsides & Pipelines team.
- Implement the management of change (MOC) process for all relevant activities.
- Assess potential use of alternative technologies in order to reduce decommissioning costs.
- Carry out cost estimates for forthcoming decommissioning projects
- Support development of AFE documentation for decommissioning projects
- Perform installations weight reviews, COG assessment, heavy lift vessel screening, develop lifting concepts, and removal methodologies
- Define, lead and coordinate offshore inspections (VI, UT, RT, MPI, and ECI)
- Oversee structural decommissioning support contractors’ performance, scope, quality of service and value for money
- Set design briefs, work scopes and reviews of detailed engineering
- Assist with marine warranty services scopes and operation
- Degree level qualified in Civil, Structural, or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a structural engineer in the O&G, renewables or marine engineering sector
- Working towards professional membership of an appropriate institute (ICE, IStructE) would be advantageous, as would Chartered Engineer Status
- Proven experience as a Structural Engineer dealing with structural integrity, and decommissioning of mature offshore fixed platforms
- Strong understanding of the application of API (RP2A)DNV, Germanischer Lloyd (GL), DNVGL, NORSOK, Noble Denton and API (RP2A) procedures