VP of Engineering and Technical
VP of Engineering and Technical
$200000 - $250000 per annum, Benefits: super
JD Ross Energy is seeking an experienced VP of Engineering and Technical to join one of our Global clients.
The ideal candidate will be a confident and highly capable individual, with strong experience in EPC (with focus on design, engineering and technical), and a demonstrated ability to effectively provide sound technical advice, exercise good business judgment, and work with senior management, other colleagues, external stakeholders, customers and regulators, in an international setup. Experience in the solar energy storage / solar PV project/ engineering field is a must. Primary Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will have responsibilities that include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in the major company decisions, mainly incl. company strategy, planning, work plan, budget and finance, HR and business, and so on with related suggestions.
- Leading formulation of engineering technical management rules, annual work plan and department major tasks plan.
- Lead and manage the technical team members (internal and external) to execute the project developments (and potential deployment) per the company's commitments and forecasts, and timeline, incl. organizing participating in engineering feasibility research and engineering design.
- Review and approve the budget adjustment and design change plan. Responsible for construction management and inspection and acceptance work and post-evaluation of projects. Supervise and guide design and engineering activities and ensure engineering designs meet local and international standards.
- Selection of EPC contractors and contract negotiation for upcoming projects. RFP management and EPC selection, EPC contract negotiation, engineering review. Develop and implement an OHS process in the Company.
- Prepare forecasts and budget for project development across the various markets.
- Support the design, planning and construction of new Solar racking systems, alterations and extensions to existing products or projects. Support the certification and designing of solar mounting structures so that they are code compliant, safe and effective. Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Master degree and above, PhD preferred, Engineering Discipline (Electrical is preferred).
- Minimum of 5 years engineering experience in solar energy storage or utility-scale PV project. Experience engaging with and evaluating equipment vendors and service providers (including engineering firms and EPC contractors); advantageous to have experience in OHS aspects.
- Ability to read & understand electrical, structural, mechanical & architectural drawings; Wide knowledge of relevant regulations and standards (e.g., electrical code, building codes, international design standards).
- Strong negotiating skills. Ability to negotiate development rights, EPC/O&M agreements and other ancillary agreements, etc. Solid and effective interpersonal and communication skills (including oral, written and visual).
- Strong organizational and time management skills; the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines. Demonstrated sound judgment and the ability to be decisive in crisis situations, independent thinking, initiative and creativity. Accuracy and attention to detail. Ability to function successfully both independently and within a team.
- PR visa or Australian Citizenship. Fluency in English required, further language skills (i.e. Mandarin) would be advantageous. Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Microsoft Projects.
- Energetic, strong entrepreneurial spirit, positive and can-do attitude and ability to work well under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
Willingness to travel up to 30% or more of the time.