Senior Power Systems Engineer
Senior Power Systems Engineer
$140000 - $155000 per annum, Benefits: super
JD Ross Energy is working closely with a market-leading power systems engineering business. They are a global engineering consultancy with a proven success in Australia, working on a wide range of projects across the renewable energy sector. This business has an unmatched track record in Australia, having been focused on the grid connection of clean generation since 2002 and having been involved in over 50% of the renewable generation projects connected to the NEM.
With sustained growth and the opportunity to work within an exceptional team of electrical engineers across a large number of exciting generation projects within the renewable sector in Australia and beyond.
With the complexities of grid connection, this role is essential for the successful development of a project, and the overall growth of the business. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to join a successful business with a consistent client base and projects across the sector, and to work with a dedicated team focused on achieving success. The Role
Our Power Team play a key role in the renewable energy space supporting the grid connection process for new generation projects through the application, registration, energisation and commissioning phases, ensuring that the project is able and ready to hit key milestones with AEMO and NSPs with the best technical solutions and engineering input.
The Senior Power Systems Engineer will work with project owners, investors, OEMs, Network Service Providers and AEMO to manage and support the grid connection requirements for new renewable generation projects, including undertaking power systems studies, and developing solutions to grid connection issues whether from weak grid scenarios or congestion in the sector.
The role is located in Melbourne, although flexibility is possible for the right candidate, and with offices in all major Australian cities, this opportunity offers remote working for proven staff. Your Duties
What You Need
- Undertake and deliver high quality Power Systems studies for renewable energy projects across the region, working closely with developers, investors, NSPs and AEMO.
- Develop technical solutions to complex network and connection issues and resolve connection approaches for projects with particular issues. Requires ability to think through problems in detail.
- Contribute expertise and experience to drive successful connection for key projects in the industry
- Provide expert project management and support across a range of projects.
- Ensure compliance with internal procedures, accreditation schemes, legislation and industry standards, to maintain a high quality outcome.
- Deliver excellent work on time and on budget.
- Identifying opportunities for project extensions and future work.
- Building internal networks to gain knowledge from senior colleagues and participate in competence network activities.
- Developing business opportunities by establishing external network in many contexts, such as through client contacts
- Bachelors or Higher Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years of power systems modelling (e.g. PSS/E, PowerFactory, PSCAD) ideally with some utility background in power systems planning or operations.
- Proven project management capabilities and the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Adaptable and well organised with a practical minded approach and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Possessing excellent written and verbal communication skills, having the ability to adapt and work to tight deadlines.
- Experienced in managing data, spreadsheets and producing reports, KPIs and recommendations.
- Strong ability to work as part of a team to problem solve.