New York, United States
Project Manager [Multiple Roles]
Salary Dependent on Experience
Project Manager Project Engineer | Renewable Energy | Solar Construction & Engineering | Various Locations | Permanent, Full-Time | Salary Dependent on Experience
One role in each of these locations:
- New York City
- Albany, NY
- Worcester, MA
- Philadelphia, PA
This organization is a leading integrated energy company that designs and builds optimized projects in the solar, storage, and emerging energy industries for our customers across the United States. With over $350 million of bonding capacity, a strong balance sheet, and established banking relationships required to fund our operations, they are in a strong position to continue to lead the renewable market. Role
The Project Manager leads the project teams and works in partnership with our Superintendents to oversee the build of safe, high quality, profitable projects, while beating the estimate budgets and improving the total Operating Profit margin over the original bid. The Project Manager’s role is key to fostering great client relations and developing our employees.
This position is responsible for safe work plans, client negotiations, risk management, cost estimation, contract management and execution strategy. In addition, the Project Manager is responsible for the business side of the project, managing the full P&L as well as business development.Responsibilities
- Passionately builds the team by attracting, interviewing, assessing, mentoring and retaining Top Performers.
- Leads and enforces the safety policies and procedures and addresses non-compliance among all employees, subcontractors and vendors.
- Leads the project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones.
- Manage and oversee field operation and engineering processes and procedures.
- Drive enforcement of safety protocols by the project teams.
- Oversees the execution of the project with the Quality Management System.
- Utilizes daily huddles to promote communication, resolve issues and share ideas, so the projects are expeditiously and profitably constructed.
- Leads the development of the project schedule with the Superintendent and ensures the team is executing to the plan.
- Maximizes cash flow by ensuring the team is adhering to the project invoicing schedule and ensures the team accurately documents and submits all receivables, quantity as-builts, change orders and claims.
- Produces complete subcontracts and ensures all subcontractors execute to the agreement and the company’s standards. Ensures the required documentation is received in a timely manner.
- Estimates, prices and negotiates owner initiated extra work, change of scope items, and contract deletions to maximize profits.
- Manage project and program issues and risks to mitigate impacts.
- Participate in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the organization.
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across leadership.
- Assist in dispute, negotiation, arbitration or litigation, as needed.
- Actively develops client relations to generate opportunities for new work.
- Actively participates in Marketing and Presales department activities to develop capture plans, teaming strategies, technical approach and bid strategies.
- Prepare estimates and detailed project plans
- Monitor staff performance and perform detailed performance reviews.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Construction Management or related field with 5-7 years of experience or equivalent. Track record of achievement and career progression.
- Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across and down the organization.
- Experience leading, motivating and managing various project and program team sizes, including internal and external resources, while holding team accountable for performance.
- Successfully led and managed complex portfolios valued at $30 million
- Demonstrated success in the Project Management function of a construction firm.
- Proven success managing subcontractors and developing and executing innovative project changes.
- Success developing cost to completes, costing and pricing Change Orders, and maximizing profits.
- Demonstrated ability to read, understand and interpret contract and insurance documents and forms, and make appropriate recommendations.
- Background in project start-up meetings, subcontractor and vendor buyouts, owner estimates, sub / vendor requisitions and cost to completes.
- Experience in successfully leading projects and programs to on-time, on-schedule and within budget close
- Experience influencing and gaining buy-in from senior leadership, team members, and peers
- Entrepreneurial with a well-rounded business perspective.
- Excellent teamwork, communication and people skills a must.
- Has a solid time management system and demonstrates excellent organizational skills
- Working Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Project, SharePoint, P6 Primavera and BlueBeam software with experience presenting to Senior Leadership.
- Demonstrated decisiveness in resolving project issues, making decisions and identifying priorities.
- Must be open to travel or relocation
What to do now
- Salary Dependent on Experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401k matching
- Travel Reimbursement
- Wellness program
If you're interested in this role, please 'apply now' and forward an up-to-date copy of your resume to [Ebnul.firstname.lastname@example.org].
On the other hand, if this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position within Solar Construction, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.