Senior Developer - Renewable Energy
Senior Developer - Renewable Energy
About BayWa r.e. Projects Australia
$150000 - $175000 per annum, Benefits: superannuation, flexible working
BayWa r.e Australia is the Australian arm of BayWa r.e., a leading global renewable energy developer, service provider, distributor and energy solutions provider operating in over 28 countries.
They deliver end-to-end project solutions, ongoing operations management and operate as an Independent Power Producer having successfully developed and delivered over 4GW of installed capacity in addition to managing over 10GW of assets globally.
Operating in Australia since early 2017, BayWa r.e. Australia focus on the development, delivery and asset management of utility scale onshore and offshore wind, solar, BESS and new technologies such as Hydrogen projects across the APAC region.
With offices in Melbourne, Sydney and regional centres nationally, they have an established team of highly skilled and dedicated professionals accelerating Australia’s transition to renewable energy and away from fossil fuels. About the Role
Based anywhere on the Eastern Seaboard, BayWa r.e Australia are looking to further strengthen their Development team with a Senior Developer who will be leading the development of a portfolio of utility scale renewable energy projects from concept and prospecting through to construction.
Working closely with the wider BayWa team including engineering, legal & commercial and finance you will primarily focusing on utility scale onshore wind farm, solar and storage development projects nationally.
This is a newly created role within the business to further expand BayWa’s installed capacity within the Australian NEM. Main Responsibilities:
Skills & Experience:Essential:
- Leading the identification and assessment of utility scale renewable development and storage projects
- Leading and managing the negotiation of landowner agreements
- Leading and managing community engagement schemes ensuring the portfolio of projects run smoothly at early stage prospecting
- Obtaining project approvals at various stages of the development process including planning, environment, noise, cultural heritage etc
- Establishing and implementing development and risk management frameworks
- Working with the grid team to ensure viability of the connection process
- Preparing detailed project reports for senior management and executive board approvals
- Project Management and managing project costings, budgets and time scales
- Degree qualified in planning, engineering, environmental science or related field (or equivalent)
- Proven experience in managing a portfolio of utility scale wind farm development projects in the Australian market
- Deep understanding of the Australian Energy Market and various risks associated with this
- Previous commercial management experience within financial assessments, feasibility and due diligence of new opportunities and making recommendations for investment
- Previous experience in leading on projects and managing both internal and external consultants in progressing projects through the development life cycle
- Be willing to travel and be capable of spending time away from home on site visits
- Strong people person and have the ability to understand and influence key decision makers
BayWa provide a flexible working environment where the emphasis is on quality outputs and not quantity. They are passionate about people in the work place and are an avid supporter of a diverse and varied company culture and encourage applicants from all genders, ages, religions, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and cultures including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage.
BayWa r.e Australia and JD Ross Energy have exclusively partnered on this assignment, so if you are interested in finding out further information and to explore the opportunity further please contact me directly on firstname.lastname@example.org or call +61 2 8089 0107 to have a confidential discussion