Senior Engineer (Offshore Cables)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Senior Engineer (Offshore Cables)
An innovative and forefront global utility company are seeking an experienced Senior Engineer who specialises within Offshore Cables to join their team in Glasgow.
Our client is a world leader in Wind Energy and their focus is on wind energy, smart grids, and driving change to a cleaner, electric future. As a senior Engineer, you will sit within the Cables team within their Offshore Renewables Business. You will report directly to the Lead Cable Engineer and will be responsible for implementing robust and cost effective engineering strategies, plans, specifications, tendering, negotiating and managing offshore design, supply and installation contracts, planning and implementing delivery sites and logistics, complying with company and business engineering standards and technical acceptance criteria, and ensuring quality, best practices and excellent Health, Safety and Environmental performance are applied.
The individual will be working as part of a global business with activities in many countries across Europe and the rest of the world. The position may require frequent travel to various locations in the UK and overseas and the individual should be capable of managing teams working at different project locations. Responsibilities
The Senior Engineer (Offshore Cables) will be involved in a key package within one of our client's offshore projects worldwide, providing engineering advice, assessments and recommendations to ensure delivery of a multi-contract package within time, to budget and quality following industry best practice and observing the maximum respect for health, safety and the environment to ensure regulatory and legal compliance.
You will provide professional engineering advice on submarine cable engineering design basis, technical requirements, strategies / risk levels and commercial agreements to the key package, to ensure that cost effective technical solutions are identified, fully evaluated and the risk profile is fully understood by the project. Ensuring that all assessments, advice and recommendations are fully documented in accordance with all internal procedures and industry best practice, and that sufficient technical and commercial due diligence (whether internal or external) exists to support those business decisions.
Delivering consistent, high quality, cost effective engineering advice to the key packages and projects as well as managing the certification process with independent verification bodies (where applicable) to reduce design risk and enhance asset value and reviewing of documents, drawings and data submitted by contractors to ensure compliance with contract and project requirements. Skills and Requirements
You will have substantial experience, working as an engineer in the offshore wind or related renewable industry ideally.
You must have excellent problem solving, analytical, technical report writing and presentation skills; and ability to summarise key parameters and drivers impacting the package along with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
You will also be competent in:
To be successful in a role you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Land and submarine EHV/HV cable engineering design, manufacturing, installation and testing
- Cable system design optimisation
- Supporting contract and package manager in the delivery and execution of cable supply and installation contracts
- Design issues relating to long transmission cables
- Design issues related to installation methods and conditions
- Educated to Degree level in relevant engineering discipline.
- IT literate with the ability to operate MS Office systems and other IT based project management software.
- Comprehensive knowledge of health, safety and environmental legislation associated with offshore/marine construction projects.
- Comprehensive knowledge of engineering procedures, standards and guidance.
- Experience of working in highly skilled teams.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Flexible to travel around the UK and overseas.
- Fluent in English.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
If you would like to hear more information about this fantastic opportunity, please send an up to date CV to: Emma.Woodroof@JDRossenergy.com