Lead Welding Engineer
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Lead Welding Engineer
£450 - £650 per day
The Lead Welding Engineer will drive process improvements in manufacturing of Oilfield Equipment (OFE) to deliver fulfillment and improvement on key metrics (e.g. cost, cycle, and quality) which have been defined as critical to deliver business performance.
As the Lead Welding Engineer, you will:
• Identify, develop, evaluate, and introduce engineering solutions to meet near term and long-range engineering needs for new technologies across OFE.
• Coordinate and coach the activities with EMT, ATO, SPS team members;
• Drive Welding activities to support and validate NPI/NTI/Customer needs;
• Maintain an active role in developing and defining the state of the art in welding and cladding technologies to anticipate, apply, adapt or develop for product introduction, quality, performance, cost improvements and problem resolution in meeting current and future business needs including adherence to schedules and estimated costs;
• Effectively communicate results by preparing written reports and making presentations describing analyses performed, solutions developed, and value obtained;
• Identify plans to ensure technical requirements, costs, and schedules are met;
• Manage the introduction of new welding and corrosion resistant overlay Technologies and then share best practice with other OFE Plants.
• Provide technical guidance, direction and training to new welding engineers, specialists, technicians and co-ops.
• Develop Supplier capabilities in line with business strategy and Engineering developments
• Degree in Welding or Welding Engineering or Metallurgy or Materials Science
• Welding process knowledge and/or International Welding Engineering (IWE) certification
• Understanding of Welding Manufacturing Methods
• Experience in Manufacturing Engineering,
• Demonstrated analytical, experimental, and problem-solving skills;
• Strong oral and written communication skills with fluency in English;
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills;
• Experience in a cross-functional team environment;
• Able to interface effectively with all levels of the organization;
• Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
• Flexibility in handling a diverse and challenging workload
• Effective problem identification and solution skills
• Knowledgeable of primary welding codes, guidelines, and standards (e.g. ASME IX, ISO15614-1, AWS D1.1)
• Familiar with relevant industry standards (API, ISO, NORSOK, DNV, ASME, ASTM, etc.) as well as design and fabrication requirements for Subsea products.
• Experience in qualification and creation of detailed welding procedures, documents and technical reports